It’s really easy to make fresh cheese just with whole milk and lemon juice, a pan and a teatowel- that’s it! Follow my tutorial here to make the cheese, then before you hang it up to dry fully and shape it for cutting, nick some of the curds out to enjoy it straight away with these quick and easy pizza toasts. They’re made extra delicious with the rewarding feeling of having made the cheese yourself.
1. Take your cheese curds freshly rinsed and squeezed dry from the cheese cloth, they should look like this…
2. Spoon some into a bowl and mix with chilli flakes, herbs and olive oil. This is also great with chopped capers and lemon zest!
3. Cut large slices of bread
4. Top with tomato paste
5. Add fresh tomato slices and sprinkle with sea salt
6. Top with your fresh, homemade organic chilli and herb cheese
7. Add olives then place under a hot grill for a few minutes, the cheese won’t melt but the top of the bread will toast, the cheese will brown a little and the olives will smell devine.
8. Add fresh basil and enjoy!